Tuesday 6 March 2012

Running for the Mind

Holy crap. Have you heard?

I've signed up to take part in the Bupa Great North Run 2012. I'm running to raise money for Mind - the mental health charity. They do good work. They do great work & if you'd like to read about it rather than me re-hashing it in an incomprehensible gush of admiration, you should just visit their site - www.mind.org.uk - or follow them on Twitter @MindCharity

Why Mind? Well, as you may or may not have heard, or deduced, I've been struggling through the murky depths of depression & anxiety. I've been pretty damn mental for the past year or so. Even more so than usual that is. There are lots of great mental health charities out there, some of which have helped me during tougher times, usually via the wonderful platform that is Twitter, but Mind have such reach & have offered me such a lot of advice & support that I should like to give a little something back, in order to help other who have been in similar situations.

Why run? I keep asking myself this. 13 miles. 13 bloody miles. Argh! Well, I've signed up now & there's no wriggling out of it. I love running & before I fell pregnant for the second time I was just getting very into running & was feeling all the better for it. Running is something that helps both my physical & mental wellbeing & to have a goal like doing a half marathon for such a worthy cause will hopefully help me to feel better at the same time as being healthy for my girls & donating to such a good cause. Everyone wins.

That's not to say that I'm not bricking it all ready. 13 sodding miles.

Bloody hell!

So, to have a good old laugh at my expense, please help me reach the £300 target & sponsor me!


Just follow this link: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/ChloeSkinnerMind

Any amount is greatly appreciated & it's for such a good cause - the wellbeing, health & happiness of others. 

Alternatively, you can click the pic of me looking like a slightly smug runner to the right hand side of this post to donate at anytime! It only takes a couple of secs, do it, dooo iiit!  

To see how your donations are being used, take a look at this: http://www.mind.org.uk/thisismind


I'd also ask you to share this wherever you can too. Whether you've experienced mental illness first hand, had a family member struggle or are just a believer that everyone should have the support they need to be happy & healthy then please, please help me!


13 shitting miles. THIRTEEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I may often be pants at replying, but I always love your comments! You've just made my day!