Tuesday 5 July 2011

Moving & Shaking

So we finally have a moving date! Hurrah! I have two weeks to pack us all up & be away to our lovely new house.

Everything seems to come at once - I'm away this weekend & haven't even begun to pack let alone plan what I'm going to do with a weekend with no man & no children (except the one that I can't leave at home!).

Also, there are some prospective tenants viewing the flat whilst I'm away so this leaves me tomorrow only to tidy up my house, but given that the living room currently looks like this...


...I'm not feeling too chilled. As well as clearing the bomb site tomorrow, I have to go to my current work place & hand in my notice. This is extremely scary as I haven't been there too long & have a feeling that they shan't be too pleased...however...the good news is that I've been offered a job that is much more suitable & convenient to our moving so I am smiling tonight!

I'd also like to apologise for neglecting our little pea green corner as we have only just returned from a little getaway (I say only just - we got back over a week ago but forgive me - there's a lot going on!) just the two of us grown-ups...blissful. Before leaving, however, I knew how much I'd ache for my girly, so we made some time & had a little indoor picnic - with rabbit, of course...


 ...she then went to enjoy a week at her Nanny's, while we made our way to the so-called 'Capital of Culture' (I might add that I was pleasantly surprised at just how much it had going on, it really was a worthwhile trip & is a beautiful city). When we got to Liverpool, we enjoyed a few days of museums, art & indulgent food, amongst other things. I met a handsome chap...




...I thought him rather charming. (Though maybe not the bin that stands beside him!)

After this, we visited a new arrival in North Wales to whom I am a very proud godmother. I thought her even more charming...


...& then we went on to bonny Shropshire (dairy country!) to visit someone who may not look so charming, but she really is...


...she will kill me if she sees this...but this is one of my loveliest friends - we have known each other since age 5 & seem not to have grown up since then when we get back together again.

This was our June...


...filled with love, laughter, warmth - in all possible ways - & lots of travel.

Our perfect week away was topped off with some delicious sunshine when we arrived home & the bliss of watching my beautiful daughter tie herself up in a million miles of hose-pipe whilst watering the garden, before deciding that one day she might like to be a photographer...


June was wonderful...July looks set to be busy but blissful.

I can't wait.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I may often be pants at replying, but I always love your comments! You've just made my day!